patch applied (haskell-prime-status): add ""Make $ left associative, like application"

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 04:18:52 EDT 2008

Hi

>  How would you propose supporting multiple preludes at once?

Unhappy. The Haskell Prelude is more than just a standard library.
Things like $, ., otherwise, >>= etc would be keywords in any other
language. As such, you expect their meaning to be consistent.

If you let other people define other Preludes you get very confused
very quickly. I can just imagine otherwise = False sneaking in
somewhere! I don't want to have to edit code and when I look at $
think "did Cale modify this code at any point in the past" :-)

Thanks

Neil