patch applied (haskell-prime-status): add ""Make $ left associative, like application"

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 19:24:59 EDT 2008

Hi

>  I'm hoping someone will supply some.  There seemed to be strong opinion on
> #haskell that this change should be made, but it might just have been a very
> vocal minority.

I think the feeling was that it encourages a slightly different style
of programming, instead of:

f $ g $ h x

People should do:

f . g . h $ x

Then you can change the $ as suggested, and use it in other places.
For a while I was persuaded it was a better style, but now I'm not
convinced and have stuck to the first style. Either way, its a matter
of style whose elegance is certainly not worth breaking all my code to
improve.

Thanks

Neil