patch applied (haskell-prime-status): BangPatterns: probably accept ==> undecided

Sittampalam, Ganesh ganesh.sittampalam at
Mon Apr 21 15:44:06 EDT 2008

> Incedentally I think we should use a different operator for array
> indexing, because ! is almost universally used to mean "strict"
> now: in bang patterns, strict datatype fields, and $!.  See

A lot of the discussion on that page pre-supposes that CompositionAsDot
will be accepted. Does it really stand a chance? It would be enormously
disruptive and uglify the language massively. Making it necessary to
use non-ASCII characters would be a big practical problem, I think.