patch applied (haskell-prime-status): BangPatterns: probably accept ==> undecided

Sittampalam, Ganesh ganesh.sittampalam at
Fri Apr 18 05:54:09 EDT 2008

Simon Peyton Jones wrote:

> Not allowing infix functions on the LHS would be a notable
> simplification.

This would significantly weaken a useful property of Haskell,
that definitions and uses often share the same concrete
syntax. It's very natural to be able to define things
that way and it would be a real shame to lose it (and I think
it would break a lot of existing code).

> In any case, I've always thought this was weird:
>        Just x == Just y = x == y

It takes a little getting used to, but I don't find it that

I wouldn't mind if just infix definitions of (!) were
banned, though of course that would be an unpleasant