patch applied (haskell-prime-status): BangPatterns: probably accept ==> undecided

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 13:24:50 EDT 2008

Hi

>  a!b = ...
>
>  Did I just define the function "a" or the function "!"?
>
>  I'm not saying they shouldn't be accepted, but the story should be a
>  little clearer about this as well!

For what it is worth, in discussions with Matt, we wondered if
eliminating infix function definition altogether was an option. We
decided that you probably don't gain much by defining functions infix,
as you have to define their type prefix anyway. Of course you still
want to use functions infix, but that is a separate issue.

Of course, this can't be done for Haskell', but might make an
interesting alternative design.

Thanks

Neil