patch applied (haskell-prime-status): proposal: remove string gaps

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Tue Apr 1 18:42:09 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 09:47:30PM +0100, Neil Mitchell wrote:
>     * string gaps cause problems with CPP, which doesn't like the
> backslash at the end of the line. (a minor consideration, since CPP is
> not part of the language, and in any case there is cpphs).

Between the two, I'd say CPP is the much uglier beast. (I tend to use m4
actually when I must use a preprocessor in general, it meshes with haskell better
and is pretty ubiquitous). In any case, the simple solution of
not using CPP in the same file as string gaps works quite well. It has
never really been an issue before.

        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈