[Haskell] Module system question

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Wed Oct 17 03:35:22 EDT 2007

[Moving to haskell-prime]

I think there would be real merit in some reworking of the module system, especially to allow programmers to give the complete signature of a module, perhaps by expanding what the export list says.  Including instances.

Any such thing is very far from being a tried-and-tested feature, though, and it'd be hard to argue it into Haskell' unless someone gets busy very soon.  Even then it looks a bit late.

Simon