patch applied (haskell-prime-report): some notes on how to build it.

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 08:42:59 EST 2007

On 08/01/07, Simon Marlow <simonmar at microsoft.com> wrote:
> Mon Jan  8 03:11:48 PST 2007  Simon Marlow <simonmar at microsoft.com>
>   * some notes on how to build it.
>
>     M ./README -6 +26

Using the flex version 2.5.31, straight out of apt, I get the following error:

flex -t -8 verbatim.lex > verbatim.c || ( rm -f verbatim.c && exit 1 )
verbatim.lex:75: warning, rule cannot be matched
cc -c verbatim.c -o verbatim.o
<stdout>:561:25: error: macro "yywrap" passed 1 arguments, but takes just 0
make: *** [verbatim] Error 1

Using the flex-old package, which is version 2.5.4a, it works. I guess
this means our flex files are legacy. Could they be updated to work
with the latest flex?

-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com