List syntax (was: Re: help from the community?)

Sittampalam, Ganesh ganesh.sittampalam at credit-suisse.com
Fri Feb 2 12:53:17 EST 2007

On 2/2/07, Kirsten Chevalier <catamorphism at gmail.com> wrote:

> On the other hand, with constant lists and tuples, you're probably not
> going to frequently edit the same constant list value. Am I missing
> something?

Sometimes people maintain static configuration items and the like in lists. I've certainly found myself wishing for the trailing ',' to be allowed on some occasions, though it's not a big enough deal for me to argue for it strongly if there is significant opposition. I think record syntax is the other significant place where it'd be useful (more so than tuples, given that adding an item to a tuple generally involves a type change that has an impact in many other places, whereas adding a record item is often just a question of adding it to the type and to a few other locations.)

Cheers,

Ganesh