Here-docs in Haskell source

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 20:59:15 EDT 2006

Hi

> Any tool which assumes strings are delimited by a single front delimiter
> and a single end delimiter, which they are in most reasonable languages,
> will have trouble.

In current haskell any tool which assumes characters start and end
with a ' are also wrong, because you can have name' as a function name
etc. My editor is one of these, I accepted it, turned off character
syntax hilighting and moved on.

As a side note, perhaps if you're shoving massive amounts of text into
a Haskell source file you want to either move to something more
structured (like haskell source extensions), or if it really is just
some large constant, then put it in a separate file.

Thanks

Neil