Module imports anywhere

Henning Thielemann haskell at henning-thielemann.de
Sun Oct 22 09:48:11 EDT 2006

I don't see the benefit of allowing imports anywhere at top-level.
  http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/haskell-prime/wiki/AllowImportAnywhere

As with declarations I expect that imported identifiers are visible
everywhere in a module. Thus the search for an imported identifier becomes
even more complicated as it is today (due to anonymously imported
identifiers and re-exported modules).

Sometimes I missed a feature from the Modula-2 derivative named "Cluster",
namely local imports of modules. Locally imported identifiers would be
invisible to other functions. However I don't think that it is so
important to be worth the trouble of implementing it.