String literals

Lennart Augustsson lennart at augustsson.net
Tue Nov 14 20:46:32 EST 2006

I've certainly considered type ambiguity, but I don't know how bad it
will be in practice.
My small experiments indicate that things would work well.

As for IsChar, the intention of that class is to have just one
instance.  The only reason for introducing it is to keep the instance
declaration of IsString conforming to Haskell-98.

	-- Lennart