Regarding Class Aliases

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at
Tue May 23 04:46:19 EDT 2006

"Christophe Poucet" <christophe.poucet at> wrote:

> Class Aliases.  I have looked at the ticket and right now it's marked
> as a low priority with low probability of entering the standard.

I think class aliases might be a nice idea too.  But we don't have any
concrete experience with implementations that support them.  Haskell' is
primarily about standarding the current state-of-the-art, so this is why
the idea is unlikely to be adopted.  But it would be great if someone
were to implement it now anyway, and then it might make it into the next
language standard.