Class System current status

Ben Rudiak-Gould Benjamin.Rudiak-Gould at
Mon May 15 12:04:33 EDT 2006

Johannes Waldmann wrote:
> Ben Rudiak-Gould wrote:
>>>     => Partial p i b | p i -> b  where ...       -- (*)
>> I think it's fine. The "p i b" on the left is effectively a tuple also.
> The problem is that "Partial p i b" is application, while "p i" is not.

That's just it: I don't think "Partial p i b" is an application. The
typeclass language is a logic language. "((Partial p) i) b" is illegal.
(Well, GHC accepts it, but I think that's a side effect of the way the
parser works. Hugs rejects it.)

-- Ben