Strict tuples

Taral taralx at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 19:13:57 EST 2006

On 3/22/06, Bulat Ziganshin <bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com> wrote:
> ghc uses unboxed tuples just for such sort of optimizations. instead
> of returning possibly-unevaluated pair with possibly-unevaluated
> elements it just return, say, two doubles in registers - a huge win

I have no doubt of this. My comment refers to the idea that somehow
such strictness annotations are (a) required at the type level and (b)
required at all to enable such optimization. I believe the
optimization happens without any annotation from the user, and it
should stay that way.

--
Taral <taralx at gmail.com>
"You can't prove anything."