Strict tuples

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang at jeltsch.net
Tue Mar 21 17:29:24 EST 2006

Am Dienstag, 21. März 2006 11:28 schrieb Bulat Ziganshin:
> [...]

> as i said, shebang patterns allow only to specify that IMPLEMENTATION
> of some function is strict. this helps only when this function are
> called directly. they can't help when function is passed as parameter
> or enclosed in data structure or a part of class. the same about
> datatypes - i can't declare what some algorithm works only with
> strict lists. i try to find extensions what will allow to specify
> strictness in every case where now we forced to use lazy computations
>
> the concrete syntax what i propose may be wrong

Well, it's probably nice sometimes to have types which guarantee the
strictness of certain components.  For example, it might be good to have a
list type where the strictness of the elements is guaranteed.  But I'm sure
that it's wrong to try to achieve this by annotating type arguments like in
[!a].  I think, this approach is wrong, not just the syntax.

Best wishes,
Wolfgang