Strictness standardization/description

Andy Adams-Moran adams-moran at galois.com
Fri Mar 10 06:27:51 EST 2006

Claus Reinke wrote:

>    - the Programatica project has a Haskell-in-Haskell implementation,
>        which apart from a possible candidate for such a library, prompted
>        many investigations into the oddities of Haskell 98, strictness
>        aspects of pattern matching amongst them, iirc; I think Bill
> Harrison
>        was involved in most of those papers:
>
>        http://www.cs.missouri.edu/~harrison/publications.html

The Programatica team also produced a formal spec of the Haskell 98
module system, which may come handy:

http://www.cse.ogi.edu/PacSoft/projects/programatica/diatchi.pdf

Their Haskell implementation correctly implements Haskell98's recursive
modules (among other subtleties).

Here's the "Logic of Demand" paper that I think Claus is referring to above:

http://www.cse.ogi.edu/PacSoft/projects/programatica/harrison-kieburtz.pdf

Andy Adams-Moran                             Phone: 503.626.6616, x113
Galois Connections Inc.                              Fax: 503.350.0833
12725 SW Millikan Way, Suite #290                http://www.galois.com
Beaverton, OR 97005                             adams-moran at galois.com