Export lists in modules

isaac jones ijones at galois.com
Wed Mar 1 13:41:11 EST 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-24 at 12:13 +0000, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
> These days, hs-boot files are pretty close to source files, with masses
> of stuff omitted.
(snip)
> You could imagine
> a) compiling recursive groups "all at once"
> b) somehow magically filtering the source file to omit anything
> undefined, leaving only defined stuff..... which ought to be enough to
> tie the knot.

FWIW, I would be thrilled to see automatic resolution of mutually
recursive modules.  When programs start to get large, this always ends
up biting me, and I have to either write & maintain the hi-boot files,
or stuff everything into one module.

Remembering how to do .hi-boot or .hs-boot files is a bit of a mental
barrier for me when I'm trying to refactor and clean up code.

peace,

  isaac