Comment Syntax

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Mon Jan 30 20:41:13 EST 2006

On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 06:42:44PM +0000, Thomas Davie wrote:
> I agree, this is not a great argument, but the fact that the language
> is inconsistent, and that it confuses people easily, and can't come
> up with great error messages when it does go wrong, (my original
> arguments) really are good arguments for fixing this.

I don't see how it is inconsistant at all.

-- makes sense as a reserved operator because if it wern't a comment
then '--' would be a valid operator. however {- would not be a valid
operator if it were not a comment starter so it makes sense that it
would act differently. the current system seems quite consistant and
reasonable to me.

        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈