The dreaded M-R

Philippa Cowderoy flippa at
Mon Jan 30 19:54:19 EST 2006

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, Andrew Pimlott wrote:

> Ok, I understand your position now.  But even given this view, I think
> the warning will be problematic.  First, when will the warning be
> emitted?  For all variable assignments without signatures, or only for
> those that the implementation fails to monomorphize (as an
> optimization)?

How about for those a minimal standards-compliant implementation would
fail to retain sharing in, coupled with some requirements about sharing
equivalent to a specified set of transforms on a dictionary-passing

flippa at

'In Ankh-Morpork even the shit have a street to itself...
 Truly this is a land of opportunity.' - Detritus, Men at Arms