whitespace in module decls/imports

Donald Bruce Stewart dons at cse.unsw.edu.au
Mon Jan 30 17:34:47 EST 2006

john:
> It would mean a whole new class of obfusciation ability for haskell
> programmers :)

Speaking of which, when trying to obfuscate some code once, I was
annoyed that I couldn't remove the whitespace around my module decl:

I have to write:
    module G where

not:
    module(G)where

Similarly with import decls. It's a little inconsistent, I guess,
considering that in most other places I can think of, outside of the
module system, parens instead of spaces is valid.

It's a very small issue, but does anyone have any opinions on this
no-parens rule when lexing the module system?

-- Don