Comment Syntax

Sebastian Sylvan sebastian.sylvan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 14:41:50 EST 2006

On 1/30/06, Neil Mitchell <ndmitchell at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes, I buy those arguments.  But it's also rather convenient to be
> > able to use -- in operators.
>
> Really? Using hoogle I can't find any operators that have -- as a substring.

The operator "-->" certainly is a very good symbol for many things. I
think the reason it isn't used more has less to do with weather "--"
is useful in symbols, and more to do with the fact that "-- " is
de-facto used as the line-comment and people try to avoid naming their
operators in ways which may confuse people (and syntax highlighing in
some editors :-))

/S

--
Sebastian Sylvan