Comment Syntax

Ulf Norell ulfn at cs.chalmers.se
Mon Jan 30 08:51:30 EST 2006

On Jan 30, 2006, at 1:30 PM, Neil Mitchell wrote:

> Another argument in favour of this is that most editors with syntax
> hilighting will show --> as a comment, which again increases the
> confusion factor.

I would rather argue that since we have editors with syntax
highlighting, this isn't a big problem. The editor will tell you (if
the highlighting is implemented correctly) that --> does not start a
comment. Rather than changing the language we should fix the
highlighting modes for the editors in question.

/ Ulf