Removal candidates in patterns

Lennart Augustsson lennart at augustsson.net
Thu Jan 26 19:13:16 EST 2006

Olaf Chitil wrote:
> I'd like to add one pattern to this list of removal candiates: k
> patterns, that is, numeric literals.

Wow!  That's a mighty big thing to remove.  For me personally that
would cause endless trouble.  I use k patterns all the time.
(I'm happy to to see 'n+k' gone, because I never use them.)

I don't even know how I'd try to motivate why they were removed
to a casual Haskell user.  "Some implementor was having trouble
with k patterns in some tool so they are gone now"?  Huh?
Let's remove higher order functions too, they are tricky to
implement. :)

	-- Lennart