more flexible partial application

Johannes Waldmann waldmann at
Thu Jan 26 05:14:29 EST 2006

> Or would (f _ x) y and f _ x y maybe be different? That would fix the
> problem above, while introducing another. Please, no!

I think the original problem (want to omit lambda notation
in a few cases) does not need to be fixed.

Functions with too many parameters are bad style anyway, in most cases
there should actually be a record type for them. See Code Smell: long
parameter list, Refactoring: introduce parameter object.
e. g.

On the other hand, standard OO languages do not have partial evaluation
so perhaps this changes the idea a bit. The question is, how much.

best regards,
-- Johannes Waldmann -- Tel/Fax (0341) 3076 6479/80 --