minimal Prelude (was Re: Export lists in modules)

Tomasz Zielonka tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 08:14:27 EST 2006

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 05:12:47PM +0000, Malcolm Wallace wrote:
> Everything else that is currently in the Haskell'98 Prelude is
> re-distributed across a variety of small modules.  Where a syntactic
> desugaring rule currently uses an entity from the Prelude, the new
> interpretation is that it uses whatever binding of that entity is in
> scope - if there is no such entity in scope, it is an error.  For
> compatibility, we define a wrapper module called Prelude.Standard which
> re-exports the original Haskell'98 Prelude:
>
> module Prelude.Standard
>     ( module Prelude
>     , module Prelude.Num
>     , module Prelude.Comparison
>     , module Prelude.Monad
>     , module Prelude.List
>     , module Prelude.Maybe
>     , module Prelude.Either
>     , module Prelude.Tuple
>     , module Prelude.IO
>     , module Prelude.Text
>     )

It would be nice if there was an easy way to import an entire
Haskell98 prelude hiding only Prelude.List.* stuff (for example).

This would be possible if all Prelude.* modules would be imported
automatically, but I guess it's not what you propose.

Best regards
Tomasz

--
I am searching for programmers who are good at least in
(Haskell || ML) && (Linux || FreeBSD || math)