Array interface refactoring

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Thu Feb 23 08:07:52 EST 2006

On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 03:26:56PM +0300, Bulat Ziganshin wrote:
> SM> I've added a ticket, scheduled for 6.6.
>
> i just want to mention that current implementation is faster than this
> general one and enough for most of usages. so it will be great to make
> more general interface but use old implementation. then anyone who
> implemented resizable arrays will get possibility to make them an
> instance of MArray class.

That is the plan. none of the current Array implementations will
change, they will still be instances of both MArray and HasBounds. it is
just that HasBounds will no longer be a superclass of MArray, however
that doesn't affect performance in any appreciable way. (and array
operations pretty much always end up specialized anyway so all class
overhead disapears.)

        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈