Export lists in modules

Henrik Nilsson nhn at Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Wed Feb 22 11:43:25 EST 2006

Dear all,

Malcolm wrote:
 > As far as I can see, there is very little to change.  Here is a
 > concrete proposal.
 > [...]
 > Anyone see any difficulties?

Georg asked:
 > No, but one question: If the type signature is given in the export
 > lists, is it then necessary (or even allowed) later on?
 > I would vote for _not_ having it twice in the file.

I'd in principle welcome the possibility to write type signatures
in export lists. (I often write them there anyway, but as comments).

But I admit I have not thought about what the caveats might be.

If type signatures in export lists are allowed, I would hope it
would be possible to put a type signature next to the actual definition
as well, though, unless that would be terribly complicated for some
reason (in which case I'd personally stick with the unannotated
export list).

/Henrik

--
Henrik Nilsson
School of Computer Science and Information Technology
nhn at cs.nott.ac.uk