Pragmas for FFI imports

bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 07:08:19 EST 2006

Hello Simon,

SM> simplicity, packages are the unit in several concepts: distribution,
SM> dependency, versioning, licensing, dynamic linking, include file
SM> dependencies, external library dependencies, and more.  If we start
SM> confusing the issue by having smaller units for some of these concepts,
SM> things get even more complicated.

i definitely don't want to create packages just to add to my
application several C-defined functions. and moreover i think that it
will make using FFI in Haskell harder for novices. now it's rather
simple with ghc and i will be happy to preserve this simplicity. this
means "please preserve ability to specify include files and make this
uniform for all haskell'-compilers".

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com