Module System

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Wed Feb 22 08:09:07 EST 2006

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 03:50:29PM +0000, Henrik Nilsson wrote:
> I'm already somewhat unhappy about the way most present Haskell tools map
> module names to path names (I'd generally prefer to have the possibility
> to flatten my file hierarchies by, say, using dots in my file names), but
> at least these assumptions are not in the Haskell 98 language definition.

I'd like to second this.  I've been annoyed by the fact that ghc requires
extra subdirectories in order to use hierarchical modules, and would be
doubly annoyed if the language definition declared that this couldn't be
fixed.  jhc's behavior sounds nicer, but I'd rather there were the
possibility of naming our haskell files whatever we liked.  Currently, as
far as I can see, we can only do this with Main, and even then there are
weirdnesses in ghc because Main.hi gets generated.
--
David Roundy
http://www.darcs.net