Export lists in modules

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Tue Feb 21 20:13:06 EST 2006

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 10:40:55AM +0000, Malcolm Wallace wrote:
> There is also the issue that we might adopt the proposal to allow (and
> perhaps eventually, to require) type signatures on export lists.

All I have to say is "please, no" to the requiring part that is. I
totally think type signatures in export lists should be allowed
optionally with the exact same meaning as if they were specified at the
top level within the module.

I also like the export hiding idea, mainly for consistancy, it seems
like something I'd expect to work and be surprised if it didn't even if
I wouldn't use it a whole lot.

        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈