Parallel list comprehensions

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Sat Feb 4 09:37:46 EST 2006

On Sat, 2006-02-04 at 15:11 +0100, John Hughes wrote:
> I noticed ticket #55--add parallel list comprehensions--which according to
> the ticket, will probably be adopted. I would argue against.

Can I second this?

The only time I ever used a parallel list comprehension was by accident.
I accidentally used '|' rather than ',' in a list comprehension and
ended up with a bug that was quite hard to track down.

Now one could argue that I could make a similar mistake with pretty much
any language feature, but it's precisely because it's a rarely used
language feature that it makes this problem worse because you're not
looking for that kind of problem.

Duncan