objective data on use of extensions

Isaac Jones ijones at syntaxpolice.org
Fri Feb 3 14:38:09 EST 2006

I would like to strive to find objective data on the use of
extensions.  I started a table here which summarizes how popular
extensions are in real-life code.  We need more data points, though.

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/haskell-prime/wiki/ExtensionsExperiment

I have a short program which queries the hackage database, gets some
details about all of the packages there, and summarizes them into a
table.  Right now, there really aren't that many packages on
HackageDB, but hopefully more will appear.

HackageDB is here:
http://hackage.haskell.org/ModHackage/Hackage.hs?action=home

You can upload packages with Cabal-Put, but it's pretty hackish right
now.  I put detailed installation instructions on the wiki:
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/wiki/CabalPut

A list of cabal packages that might be good for uploading is here:
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/wiki/CabalPackages

The more packages we get into HackageDB, the more accurate objective
data we can build.  Let me know if you want to help!

peace,

  isaac