Priorities

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Fri Feb 3 11:12:31 EST 2006

On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 12:00:23PM +0100, Tomasz Zielonka wrote:
> > TZ>     The design of Haskell was so great, that we could add concurrency as
> > TZ>     a library without introducing any problems... but we have
> > TZ>     concurrency in the standard anyway...
> >
> > concurrency should go into the Standard Library specification. there
> > is just nothing to say about this in the _language_ standard

> Agreed!

We should be careful to not take too narrow a view of the meaning of the
word "language", or at least not in the public output of this group.

Many people would, for instance, consider the standard set of libraries
in Java to be part of the language.  The same could be said for Perl and
Python.

-- John