fundeps syntax is ugly

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at
Thu Feb 2 07:48:45 EST 2006

Hello Johannes,

JW> When I first learned functional dependencies
JW> I remember I was really confused by their syntax.

JW> First, it is hard to find it defined:

i should wrote this earlier, but nevertheless:

Hugs documentation contains excellent introduction into the fundeps.
i learned on it and never read any other papers. moreover, i
recommended it to other ghc users, who was unhappy with current ghc

Simon, may be it's the time to just steal this document section? i
will don't say to anyone :)

Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at