Comment Syntax

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Thu Feb 2 07:22:17 EST 2006

Hello Manuel,

MMTC> I am against such a change.  The change would break existing software
MMTC> (eg, Yampa) and secondly I don't buy the "main sources of
MMTC> confusion for beginners" argument.  The confusion arises only when a
MMTC> single line comment is used to uncomment a set of characters that start
MMTC> with a special symbol.  That's a situation that doesn't arise that
MMTC> often.  (I'd actually be very happy if the main sources of confusion fpr
MMTC> beginners where of such simple syntactic nature.)

well, i'm as beginner was runned to this situation enough often

1) "|" is a special char

2) non-ascii chars are also treated by GHC as special, and i prefer to
write comments in Russian ;)

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com