infix MPTC?

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Wed Dec 6 20:08:33 EST 2006

I was just thinking today.  Is there any reason we couldn't have infix
multiparameter typeclasses? For typeclasses standing as witnesses of
relationships it'd be much clearer, for example to have something like
(a :<: b) rather than the always-vague (LT a b) which either reads the
same as the infix version or backwards.

This isn't so much a proposal as a query regarding reasonableness.  I
certainly wouldn't like to have precedence rules for type classes, but
perhaps if you simply always required parentheses it'd be more readable
than always requiring prefix notation, and yet still not too insane to
parse?
--
David Roundy
Department of Physics