need help again [loading bitmaps]

Henk-Jan van Tuyl hjgtuyl at
Sat Apr 22 17:47:56 EDT 2006

I do not know the answer to your question, but I can tell you that sent
the message to the wrong mailing list; this mailing list is about the next
version of Haskell. If you send your questions to Haskell-cafe (see it is more likely
that you receive an answer.

Best regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 20:26:07 +0200, enache alex <alex_e_fii at>

> hello again ; I am writing again to ask you if you can please show me an
> example of loading a bitmap on a window ; I tried tu use the bitmap
> function from Graphics.Rendering.OpenGL.GL.Bitmap but it gives me an
> error ; I've called the function like this : bmp <- bitmap (Size
> (100,100)) (Vertex2 (0::GLfloat) 0) (Vector2 0 0 ) (Ptr "C:\1.bmp") ;
> and it sais
>   ERROR file:.\ball.hs:43 - Undefined data constructor "Ptr"
>   pls help ; I want to make my game look a little better ; thanks again ;

Met vriendelijke groet,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl