Class System status

Stephanie Weirich sweirich at cis.upenn.edu
Mon Apr 17 09:43:39 EDT 2006

I've been working on a summary page for the class system proposals
(http://haskell.galois.com/cgi-bin/haskell-prime/trac.cgi/wiki/ClassSystem),
similar in spirit to the Concurrency page that Simon Marlow has been
developing.  This page is important because it lists all of the
proposals not related to MPTCs as well as trying to capture the big
picture about where we stand with respect to MPTCs. I've been trying to
not duplicate text that appears elsewhere in the wiki, but just provide
a consistent picture of the state of the discussions on the mailing list.

Please take a look at this page and help me fill it out. In particular,
I've been trying to take a pulse of where we stand on some of
these issues, and some of you may not agree! Tell me if I'm off the
wall. Also, I've (mostly) concentrated on issues that have tickets, so I
may have missed some issues that were only discussed in the mailing list.
Please let me know if there is anything I've forgotten.

Thanks,
Stephanie