FFI, safe vs unsafe

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 02:37:38 EDT 2006

Hello John,

Tuesday, April 4, 2006, 5:55:19 AM, you wrote:

> In my survey of when 'reentrant concurrent' was needed, I looked at all
> the standard libraries and didn't find anywhere it was actually needed.
> Are there some compelling examples of when it is really needed in a
> setting that doesn't have OS threads to begin with?

may be i can help? :)  i'm not sure that i understood you properly,
but my own compression program uses several compression algorithms,
written in C, in parallel - i.e. output from first algorithm is piped
to the second and so on. if this is not enough - all these algorithms
are executed via one function, which receives algorithm name and
input/output routines, so i run in parallel, for example:

compress "words" read_func1 write_func1
and
compress "ppm" read_func2 write_func2

--