Concurrency

Andy Adams-Moran adams-moran at galois.com
Mon Apr 3 11:47:22 EDT 2006

John Meacham wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 05:22:34PM +0200, Benjamin Franksen wrote:
>>> I am assuming you mean supporting the 'throwTo' primitive, which can
>>> be caught in the IO Monad?
>> There is also divide-by-zero and related stuff that is thrown from pure
>> code.
>
> those are 'ImpreciseExceptions' which is a different extension.

The asynchronous exceptions extension is morally an extension to the
imprecise exceptions extension :-)  You /can/ do the former without the
latter, but the semantics we gave assumed both were in play.

Andy Adams-Moran                             Phone: 503.626.6616, x113
Galois Connections Inc.                              Fax: 503.350.0833
12725 SW Millikan Way, Suite #290                http://www.galois.com
Beaverton, OR 97005                             adams-moran at galois.com