[Haskell-i18n] SourceForge Project Active

Ashley Yakeley ashley@semantic.org
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 19:04:02 -0700

At 2002-08-29 01:22, Martin Norb=E4ck wrote:

>Nice. Who will supply good UTF-8 code? I have some at
>http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d95mback/gettext/ but it is not in good
>shape.

I have encoding and monadic stream processing decoding in HBase, but it
will need to be adapted to the regular Haskell Prelude...

>Another thing, why not use the hierarchy even more, and put the
>sub-modules of Text.Unicode in Text.Unicode.UnicodeDefs and so on?

I wasn't sure exactly where, so I just put them in Text for the time
being. Perhaps Text.Properties.* for character properties?

Is anyone bothered by the size of the library? It's 16M on my MacOS X, of
which 10M is character names. libHSbase.a is only 14M.

--
Ashley Yakeley, Seattle WA