[Haskell-i18n] Unicode in source

Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk qrczak@knm.org.pl
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 08:26:35 +0000 (UTC)

Fri, 23 Aug 2002 15:39:32 -0700, Ashley Yakeley <ashley@semantic.org> pisze:

>>Choosing a non-standard tab width is evil. They should be 8 spaces
>>always and life would be a bit simpler.
>
> I find four spaces much more useful for coding. You can get more
> indentations in while still being noticeable.

I didn't mean 8-space-wide indent but 8-space-wide tab. I use 4 spaces
too (or even 3). And I don't us tabs by default.

But when I have somebody else's code and make a change, it wouldn't
be nice if the compiler suddenly complained about mixed tabs and spaces
if it happened that the previous person used tabs.

For example tabs are in ghc sources.

--
  __("<      Marcin Kowalczyk
  \__/     qrczak@knm.org.pl