[Haskell-i18n] Some starters for the new list

Ashley Yakeley ashley@semantic.org
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 16:21:24 -0700

At 2002-08-14 03:37, Martin Norb=E4ck wrote:

>* Unicode library
>We need a good Unicode library apart from the standard IO functions that
>can be used with specialized IO, in bindings and so on.

This should include encoding functions and character properties, at least.

If anyone's interested, the build process of my HBase project downloads
datafiles from the Unicode web site and converts them into Haskell
functions for character properties, that do things such as convert case,
decompose, get the General Category etc..

<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/hbase/Source/HBase/Text/>

<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/hbase/Source/Mak
efile?rev=3DHEAD&content-type=3Dtext/plain>

--
Ashley Yakeley, Seattle WA