[Haskell-i18n] unicode notation \uhhhh implementation

Simon Marlow simonmar@microsoft.com
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 15:10:16 +0100

I wasn't aware of that paragraph in the report until recently, and as =
far as I know none of the current Haskell implementations implement the =
'\uhhhh' escape sequences.

One reason to use this approach would be if there already existed a =
preprocessor to do the job - does anyone know of one?  If not, I think =
the paragraph could be deleted in favour of using appropriate encodings =
for source files (I'd planned to implement at least UTF-8 in GHC at some =
point).

Cheers,
	Simon