[Haskell-community] 2018 state of Haskell survey results

Francesco Ariis fa-ml at ariis.it
Mon Nov 19 05:03:23 UTC 2018

Hello Richard,

On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 11:20:52PM -0500, Richard Eisenberg wrote:
> I have not analyzed the data myself, but I wonder how we jumped to the
> conclusion that the troll was trying to promote Stack. Is there
> statistical data that supports that conclusion? For example, just reading
> this thread, it sounds like the bogus responses also really don't like
> the new release schedule. Maybe the troll wants the old release schedule
> back and was just lazy about programming the tool to vary the
> stack/cabal question answers adequately.

If you filter the results for the (impossible) "linux/mac AND notepad++"
combination, you can check the pattern-of-action of the troll.
Every demographic question is skipped; every "write in" answer is skipped;
all the other questions are filled in with a random value, bar the
"build tools" one and the "release schedule" one, both having a constant
value.