[Haskell-community] Next Steps in Downloads Page Discussion

Paolo Giarrusso paolo.giarrusso at uni-tuebingen.de
Fri Sep 9 01:54:12 UTC 2016

On 2 September 2016 at 01:48, Patrick Pelletier
<code at funwithsoftware.org> wrote:
> On 9/1/16 2:12 PM, Gershom B wrote:
>>
>> We've had a productive discussion on this list, I think. But as many
>> probably know, not all the discussions over this have been so
>> positive.

> I am really happy about the positive, conciliatory tone the discussion has
> taken in the past few days.  I had been disheartened by the schism that has
> grown in the Haskell community over the past year or so.  As a user, I was
> especially turned off by packages whose sole description was essentially "go
> to Stackage if you want to read the description":
>
> https://hackage.haskell.org/package/http-conduit-2.2.0.1

One can debate that description, but the issues with docs on hackage
have been ongoing for a few years. I'm sure any help would be
appreciated.

One pointer to get started is
https://github.com/haskell/hackage-server/issues/478.

--
Paolo G. Giarrusso - Ph.D. Student, Tübingen University
http://ps.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/team/giarrusso/