[Haskell-community] haskell.org download page

MightyByte mightybyte at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 07:40:47 UTC 2016

I also think the downloads should be the minimal HP and separated from
getting started.  But that doesn't mean we can't bridge the gap with a
simple link at the bottom of the downloads page pointing people to the
next step: "Next...get started with Haskell" or something similar.
Then I'm sure we can come up with a getting started page that has
links to different tracks targeted at different audiences.  Based on
this discussion I can think of three obvious getting started tracks:

Total beginner command line ghci
Cabal-install
Stack

And we can even present them horizontally so they all are presented at
the same time and on the same level!