[Haskell-community] haskell.org download page

Simon Marechal simon at banquise.net
Mon Aug 29 13:26:24 UTC 2016

(sorry for not answering to a previous message, I just subscribed).

I think there should be a single option on the download page. The minimal
HP seems OK to me, but I understand how not having control on the
distribution of stack, while at the same time having to support it, could
be a problem.

So here is my 2c:

 * Have minimal HP be the only choice. I think this page is engaging and
clear, and is a good example of what a beginner would like to see :
https://haskell-lang.org/get-started

 * If at all possible, find a way to work with stack maintainers so that
the HP stack install process matches that of the standalone tool.