[Haskell-community] haskell.org download page

Kosyrev Serge skosyrev at ptsecurity.com
Sun Aug 28 18:40:52 UTC 2016

Gershom B writes:
> Furthermore, it enables both stack and cabal workflows. As far as I
> know, it has no real downsides and I don’t understand the opposition
> to it outside of, perhaps, a belief that nobody should ever be
> provided with the cabal binary.

Gershom, that's how it looks to an outsider, indeed.

There appears to be a point of view, where the cabal thing is a stagnant piece
of technology that only serves to split the community and confuse newcomers
by detracting them from the easier, better way.

In such a view, it wouldn't be too big a leap to come to an understanding,
that phasing out cabal from all avenues does a good service to the
community.

--
с уважениeм / respectfully / Z poważaniem,
Косырев Сергей